- This event has passed.
February 1 @ 8:00 am - March 9 @ 5:00 pm$75.00
Don’t just react: respond.
Tame your pacing mind
Rediscover your wellbeing
According to the mindfulness tradition, our positive qualities are simply a natural expression of human awareness. And that is the key: mindfulness is not about reinventing ourselves or about self-improvement. Rather it’s about uncovering who and what we already are in a genuine and caring way. When we do this, we may discover:
- Better focus – our attention does not have to wander or become distracted
- Clear seeing – we can strengthen our capacity to perceive subtle changes
- Spacious minds – we don’t have to be caught in habitual patterns and reactions – there’s lots of room to work with everything and everyone that we encounter
- Creativity – with spaciousness comes spontaneity, curiosity and playfulness
- Sense of connection – with self and others (also we may find that we are better able to build stronger, healthier relationships internally and externally)
- Stress reduction – we can be kind to ourselves, knowing how to motivate ourselves and others without resorting to either fear, intimidation or running away.
We will kick off with a live video conference and then meet as a cohort in the third week (module 3) for another live check in session. Each week there will be discussion forums to engage your questions and insights with other participants and with the instructor. There will be optional readings and small assignments to support you to integrate the material into your practice. Live meetings (via Zoom) will take place from 1 -2 pm on February 1, 19 and March 9. Course materials will remain available until the end of March.